Donations Appreciated!

News, Updates, Ect...
BigQEd
Founder
<b>Founder</b>

Unread post Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:52 pm

As most know, Awakening isn't commercially owned/operated (i.e. no one gets paid). Awakening was started out of a desire to bring back a fun SWG Pre-CU server for people to enjoy and we want it to continue for many years to come!

As for our financial stability and the ability to operate long term: we are in pretty good shape (better than any other SWG projects out there). I truly appreciate any assistance players can give. It really does help support the cost of the project (servers etc) and help the project move towards financial independence. Even small donations are very much appreciated!

As a token, to show our appreciation, the Awakening staff will give special forum titles for donations.

$1-10 donation - Title: Force Sensitive
$11-20 donation - Title: Initiate
$21-30 donation - Title: Padawan
$31-50 donation - Title: Jedi (Light/Dark)
$51-100 donation - Title: Jedi Knight (Light/Dark)
$101-200 donation - Title: Jedi Master (Light/Dark)
$201+ donation - Title: CUSTOM TITLE (limit 16 chars, subject to approval) The custom title and your name can be either Red or Blue.

NOTE: When you donate, please send an email to [url=mailto://donations@swgawakening.com]donations@swgawakening.com[/url] with the subject "Forum Title" and please include your username, the paypal email used, transaction ID and the amount you've donated (this will match notices that we receive from Paypal). Also, additional donations will continue to increase your title level as you request them. For example, if you set up a Paypal recurring donation of $10/mo (less than most MMO's... hint hint), within a year you would have the Jedi Knight title.

In addition to the titles, I (along with my wife) will be personally grateful! :)

Incognito
Founder
<b>Founder</b>

Unread post Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:05 pm

We apologize for the time it has taken to give out forum titles recently. Most of us are enjoying the summer season and stuff such as this tends to slip through the cracks. That said, we really do appreciate the support you have all given as it really helps us with hosting costs and maintaining the server.

If for some reason, you still do not have your forum title or an incorrect one, please shoot us an email again by following the steps in Ed's post. We'll try to stay on top of this going forward.

Incognito
Founder
<b>Founder</b>

Unread post Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:11 pm

We're looking to add a donation bar to keep our playerbase in the loop on where we stand vs our server cost. I'm sure as Ed found out when trying to add it, I'm hitting a brick wall on that front in relation to our current forum software. Going to look to upgrade soon after Publish 9 is finished.

Servers do cost money to run. Right now, our server costs $269 to run on a monthly basis. Right now we stand at $0 towards that goal. Donations have tapered off a great bit where we're having to pick up most of the cost. We don't mind picking up some of the costs when needed, but on a monthly basis it gets to be a mounting cost. I ask, if you enjoy playing here, we really do appreciate any amount you can give. It really helps keep this whole show going.

Not all doom and gloom. Awakening is here to stay. No doubt about that. If need be, we will just need to downgrade the server again to live within our means.

Cynar
RETIRED*
<b>RETIRED*</b>

Unread post Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:44 pm

I'm going to be more blunt than Incognito. Ed isn't making up for server deficit and hasn't in well over a year. That has fallen to other staff members. If we don't get donations regularly the first step will be to cut back on server hardware which will affect performance. Then it comes down to levels of survivability. We have enjoyed this project and didn't mind supplementing shortfalls, but we cannot continue to pay for it entirely.

Most mmo's cost $5-15 per month. While this is a 14 year old game and we can't charge subscription fees, we also cannot continue to fund it on our own. If you care about the survival of the community we are asking for a modest monthly donation. I hate to sound like Sally Struthers, but If every one of our active players donated just a tiny amount per month or every other month we will be ok.

A couple of donations have already come in and we thank you for that. We will look at and determine next billing cycle if we can afford to maintain the current server hardware. If not, the next step will be to downgrade services and examine it from there. Thank you again, long live Awakening!

My comments are in no way reflective of those of the current Awakening Staff. Please do not mistake my opinions or statements as official representation of the Awakening team. My opinions and comments are purely my own.
Incognito
Founder
<b>Founder</b>

Unread post Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:57 am

Thanks to everyone that has donated towards our goal this month. It helps us alot!

Remember to send us an email with amount donated and previous donations so titles can be updated.

Copied from above:
NOTE: When you donate, please send an email to donations@swgawakening.com with the subject "Forum Title" and please include your username, the paypal email used, transaction ID and the amount you've donated (this will match notices that we receive from Paypal). Also, additional donations will continue to increase your title level as you request them. For example, if you set up a Paypal recurring donation of $10/mo (less than most MMO's... hint hint), within a year you would have the Jedi Knight title.