- Open your file explorer.
- Navigate to the install location of the current launcher (default C:\SWGAwakening\). Open the SWGAwakening folder. We will be selecting a number of files to copy over to your legacy installation.
- In this folder while holding the ctrl button we will be selecting the folder named "profiles", a file named "aliases.txt" and any files with "characterlist_" at the beginning of them. When you have them all selected, right click on the window and select the "Copy" option.
- Now that you have these files successfully copied, you will need to navigate back to the "This PC" page. From there you will need to navigate to your install location for the Legacy Launcher game files (default: C:\Program Files (x86)\SWGAwakening\).
- Once there, all you will need to do is make sure you are in the main folder for the game files, right click the window and then select the "Paste" option.
- Now, if all steps have been followed successfully you should be able to launch the game from the Legacy Launcher and have all of your notes, macros and aliases intact.
- Optional: In addition to those files which affect your game play there may also be other files you wish to keep. These include your screenshots from Awakening and skill planner save data (files with a .swg extension). If you would like to keep these as well, just copy them over using the same steps as above.
Users running on Windows 8.1 and older are urged to contemplate upgrading their OS, or buying new computers if they cannot upgrade the OS on their current system (if it is feasible to do so). These legacy operating systems are no longer being provided with security updates by Microsoft which patch vulnerabilities that hackers or malware may exploit.
Note: Users with non-Windows operating systems, this does not change anything for you, we still will not be providing support for users on non-Windows operating systems. Though the launcher code is publicly available at the link below, if you would like to try edit and compile a version of the launcher for your OS (macOS/Linux distros).